Multi SPI controller
The described product is shipped in a C rail case and features
- Supply input range 6 to 24V DC (40mA @6V), 5mm power plug
- Serial interfaces RS232 or RS422 or USB serial, jumper selectable
- Opto transistor output
- ATMega32 controller clocked with 4MHz
- freely programmable Altera EPM3064 CPLD with JTAG connector
- CPLD is connected to the Mega32 with 15 lines, leaving plenty of possibilities.
- 3 programmable 8 pin IO flat strip connectors with GND and supply (5V or 3.3V) jumper selectable
- schematics and firmware available in source.
- size 87mm by 72mm by 32mm (l, w, h)
- Standard application : connect one or multiple SPI devices to the PC
The 3 programmable 8 pin connectors have thus 6 databits each. While two of them are connected to the CPLD, one comes from the Mega32. All 3 have thus the direction defineable and changeable at runtime. Beside supporting SPI, the 3 connectors can be used for general parallel or serial IO with hardware support. The Altera MaxPlus2 schematic source is available. It can be modified and programmed into the Max3064 with a standard Byteblaster or Byteblaster2 from Altera in JTAG mode.
Its price is 245 CHFr or approx. 155 Euro, plus perhaps some VAT.
last update: 8.may.06 or perhaps later
Copyright (99,2006) Ing.Büro R.Tschaggelar