where : ibrtses embedded
This page is dedicated to the Texas MSP430F14x family of CPU's.
The silicon available in the MSP-FET430P140 Evaluation kit is still in the beta version(dec2000).
The datasheet of the CPU look greats to those writing 16bit code on 8 bit controllers, as
it is natively 16 bit. The evaluation kit is an adventure of its own.
The MSP-FET430P140 Flash evaluation kit
Being put togther by IAR to market their range of compilers it is as incomplete
as obviously none was responsible. The hardware delivered is a solder-yourself-kit,
but only after you figured out what to do where. Following the first steps to put it
The included ASM is strange, probably as it comes from IAR and they try to sell their
- Schematic of the board is IAR\430\doc\MSP-FET430P140 Users guide.pdf page 15
- The quartz is max 8MHz and capacitors are 22pF
- The power is applied through the JTAG connector
- There would be a serial programming adapter that can be used standalone.
More info in PRGS\Slau048.pdf
The parallel programmer as it is seems to be tied to the IAR IDE.
More info in IAR\430\doc\MSP FET430P Users Guide.pdf
- Information entry points : IAR\430\doc\FET_Doc_Overview.htm
IDE manual : IAR\430\doc\ew430.pdf
ASM manual : IAR\430\doc\a430.pdf
C Compiler. There are several projects under way for another ASM and another C Compiler.
More being currently evaluated...
last updated: 16.aug.01
Copyright (99,2001) Ing.Büro R.Tschaggelar