embedded system board with serial communication and CPLD
This micro sized board is ideal for general purpose applications requiring a
powerful 8bit CPU with a rather big adress range of 128k together with a
supporting CPLD for critical timing stuff. The 128 macrocells of the CPLD
allow for quite a number of counters running at the same speed as the CPU,
thus reducing timing problems.
A USB version of this board is under development with a planned release in summer 05
- 4 layer board for great compactness, 2x4inches (5x10cm), and low noise
- switch mode supply running from 5.0 to 5.5V, 20mA with unprogrammed CLPD
- the L-type CPU would be runnable from a supply downto 3.3V
- the CPU is an Atmel AVR ATMEGA128 with XTAL or external clock, SPI programmed
- external clock in DIP8 or DIP14 case, frequency of your choice
- XTAL in SMU4 case, frequency of your choice
- frequency range for the CPU is up to 8MHz for the L-type (3.3V) and up to 16MHz for the normal type
- CPLD is a 128 Flipflop Altera Max3128-7 at the same clock as the CPU, JTAG programmed
- one selectable RS232 or RS422 channel
- 34 pin connector (2x17 as 0.1" header) with 32 I/O signals of the CPLD
- 50 pin connector (2x25 as 0.1" header) with 37 I/O from the CPLD plus the clock plus the 8 A/D channels from the CPU
A version with a bigger more versatile FPGA is also planned.
Recommended tools for development are Altera MaxPlus2 or Quartus for the CPLD,
both downloadable for free, and the imagecraft C Compiler
or the E-Lab Pascal compiler
for the AVR, both available for a rather low budget.
Its price : 200 CHFr @ 1 excluding VAT
being approx 133 Euro (@ 1 CHFr = 0.666Euro)
being approx 167 USD (@ 1 CHFr = 0.833USD)
Questions? Order ?
last update: 7.april.05 or perhaps later
Copyright (99,2005) Ing.Büro R.Tschaggelar